If you’re in need of Sarasota FL roof repair services, know that the best time to get it done would be well before the rainy season hits. Starting June, rainy days and thunderstorms become the norm. If your roof is in poor shape by the time the wet season rolls around, you may end up spending far more on repairs, or worse, a roof replacement.
Even if you think the leak or damage can be easily spotted, having a professional climb and check your roof for you is still critical. Roof repair isn’t a job for the layman, because a good understanding of roofing materials is essential to doing the job right. Chances are, you may end up needing a professional to redo your work anyway. And then there’s the safety issue.
Below is an excerpt from a How Stuff Works article discussing a few of the many safety considerations for roof repair professionals:
- Roof repairs should be done on a sunny day when the roof is completely dry. A wet roof is slippery and very dangerous.
- Adequate safety measures must be taken for any roof repairs. Always use safety ropes.
- On steep roofs, use a ladder framework to provide secure anchoring.
- Rubber-soled shoes provide the best traction when working on a roof.
- The location of power lines should be kept in mind when working on a roof.
Roofing by Curry, the leader when it comes to Sarasota roof repair, understands the importance of safety in each of their projects. Their technicians are experienced and fully trained to perform a huge catalog of services, including roof maintenance, repairs, modifications, and replacements. They specialize in different types of roofs, including tile, asphalt shingle, metal and flat.
For more information on Roofing by Curry’s service offerings, visit www.roofingbycurry.com.
(Article Excerpt from howstuffworks.com, How to repair a leaky roof)