One of the most expensive maintenance expenses for homeowners is having their roofs replaced. Repairs can also cause you a lot if it’s becoming a regular thing. Be sure to check with your trusted local Sarasota roofing contractors to determine if certain damage can be repaired or if your roof is already up for replacement. Recap: how long has it been since you’ve had a roof replacement?
Asphalt shingle roofs in Florida last roughly 15 years because of the hot and wet climate. Do a quick mental math and try to remember how long it has been since you acquired your roof. Because if you’ve been having a lot of roofing problems recently, perhaps it’s time that you have it replaced. It can save you the hassle and, of course, money in the long run. Check if you experience or see any of these:
1. Dark or “dirty-looking” areas on the roof, as well as curled, cracked, or missing shingles. Dark or dirty-looking areas on the roof are a result of the loss of granules on your shingles. This and curling, cracking, or missing shingles are the results of the age of your roof. It can no longer withstand the harsh weather. It helps to keep track of your roof’s age to avoid serious issues and unexpected expenses in the future.
2. Blistering or peeling of interior and/or exterior paint, as well as decaying siding and sheathing. Extreme temperature or high humidity can cause the blistering and peeling of your interior and/or exterior paint, as well as the decay of your siding and sheathing. These are usually triggered by your attic’s poor ventilation system. It’s not enough to repaint, so make sure you also check the inside.
3. Leaks in the attic. Damage on your shingles, deteriorated flashing, and/or inadequate underlayment are some of the possible causes. Leaks can cause serious problems if not addressed immediately.
4. Stains on the interior ceilings and walls, as well as mold and mildew growth. These are the results of a leaking roof. Molds are potential health hazards, and they have to be removed before they grow and spread.
5. Increased energy bills. If your attic has insufficient ventilation, you’re probably going to use your heating and cooling systems far more often. This will dramatically increase the amount of energy your home will consume.
If it has been a while since you’ve had your roof checked, we strongly suggest that you have it done at the soonest time possible. But some damage can still be managed through repairs, so be sure to check with us at Roofing by Curry, your expert roofing contractors in Sarasota and nearby areas. Call us today for more information and roofing-related services.