Energy efficiency is a term that we always hear when it comes to home improvement. According to the International Energy Agency, a product becomes energy-efficient when it serves its function while providing less energy input. For example, energy-efficient roofs protect your home from the elements while lessening energy consumption.
How do Roofs become Energy-Efficient?
There are different roofing materials that contribute to energy savings. Roofs become energy-efficient due to the following:
- Heat-reflective coatings – Roofing companies in Sarasota use coated shingles and tiles that reflect heat away from your home. Manufacturers can also use highly reflective paint for other materials such as metal.
- Roof color – Painted tile and metal roofs contain pigments that can reflect up to 70% of solar heat, depending on the color.
When you decide to have cool roofing installed, you are helping you, your family, and the environment in the process.
What are the Benefits of Cool Roofs?
When looking for a cost-effective roofing solution, cool roofs are your best option. These offer the following benefits:
- Reduce energy bills – Cool roofs lower indoor temperature by up to 35%, which means you will be using your air-conditioning system less often during summer. This leads to lower monthly utility bills.
- Improve comfort – Sarasota roofing contractors guarantee a comfortable indoor environment with energy-efficient roofs. These can help maintain a constant temperature inside your home.
- Extend roof life span – With reflective coatings, your roof will have a constant temperature throughout the day, preventing premature aging.
- Reduce urban heat island effect – Outdoor temperature in cities differs in rural areas because of heat emissions from objects, such as roofing. Cool roofs can emit less solar heat due to reflective coatings, reducing local air temperature.
With this kind of roofing, you can enjoy more savings, comfort, and healthier environment. To ensure an energy-efficient home, you can trust Roofing by Curry. Our asphalt shingles, tiles, and metal roofing materials have solar reflective properties that lower energy consumption. As a GAF Master Elite™ contractor, we can help you create a better home for you and your family.
If you want to learn more about energy-efficient roofs, call us today at (941) 270-4770. You can also reach us through our contact form.